Former WWE wrestler and mother-of-three Sara Lee dead at 30: Lee’s mother says ‘we are all in shock’ but doesn’t disclose how she died
- Lee’s mother Terri announced on Thursday that the former Tough Enough star had died, saying the family was ‘in shock’, but not giving a cause of death
- Lee was the female winner of the sixth season of WWE’s reality show competition in August 2015, winning a one-year WWE contract
- For the last five years, she continued her wrestling training in Orlando, Florida, and her final Instagram post was in her gym clothes
- ‘Celebrating finally being healthy enough to go to the gym 2 days in a row – first ever sinus infection kicked my butt,’ she wrote on Wednesday
- Lee was married to former WWE superstar Wesley Blake (real name Cory Weston), and the couple have three children
Sara Lee, born in Michigan, has died aged 30, her family announced on Thursday
Former WWE wrestler Sara Lee has died at the age of 30, her mother announced on Thursday.
Lee, who in August 2015 won the sixth season of WWE’s reality show competition Tough Enough, posted a photo of herself in gym clothes the day before her death.
‘Celebrating finally being healthy enough to go to the gym 2 days in a row – first ever sinus infection kicked my butt,’ she wrote.
Lee’s mother Terri announced the news on Facebook, but did not say how she died.
‘It is with heavy hearts we wanted to share that our Sara Weston has gone to be with Jesus,’ she wrote.
‘We are all in shock and arrangements are not complete. We ask that you respectfully let our family mourn. We all need prayers especially Cory and her children.’
Sara Lee posted her final image to Instagram on Wednesday (above), captioned: ‘Celebrating finally being healthy enough to go to the gym 2 days in a row – first ever sinus infection kicked my butt’
Lee was married to fellow wrestler Cory Weston, and the pair had three children
Lee is seen in the WWE ring, during Tough Enough
Lee was married to Cory Weston, who went by the wrestling name Wesley Blake, and the pair had three children.
Born in Hope Township, Michigan, Lee was a competitive powerlifter in high school and went on to study medical sonography at Delta College in Bay City, Michigan.
She entered the WWE reality TV show and was declared the winner by a fan vote, with the prize of a $250,000 contract for a year with WWE.
In 2016 she left the franchise and has since then trained in Orlando, Florida, with Team Vision Dojo.
Lee and Weston married in December 2017, and are parents to daughter Piper, aged five; three-year-old son Brady, and a baby boy born in August 2021.
Lee spent a year with WWE before relocating to Florida and beginning a family with Weston
Lee frequently shared photos of her life in Orlando on social media
Lee and Weston had three children – daughter Piper, aged five; son Brady, three; and a baby boy born in August 2021